Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Engineer, Software Engineering, you’ll be responsible for developing various Transportation Management Systems (TMS), participating in design reviews and working with the quality assurance team to assess reported defects from testing. You’ll find yourself immersed in a forward-thinking environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. We’ll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Represent the technical team for major projects in the review and analyses of business requirements, functional specifications, design documents and overall solution design for the onboarding of new clients within a large-scale Transportation Management System
- Develop code and advanced technical configuration to support the requirements of major projects using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL as well as proprietary technical tools provided by the TMS
- Participate in daily Agile Scrum meetings to provide status and ensure roadblocks to timely development completion are removed
- Perform unit testing with documented test cases and results
- Provide testing support and defect resolution across all testing cycles of a major project including client integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Provide input on information technology tools, application upgrades and architectural design
- Actively participate in continuous process improvement efforts
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in software development, in medium to large systems environments
- Experience with Oracle database, SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Experience with Logistics or Transportation Management
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the software development life cycle and Agile process
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with the advanced technical configuration capabilities provide by Oracle Transportation Management (OTM)
- Proven experience in logistics and/or transportation management, business analysis and customer relations
- Strong aptitude to learn the functionality of an existing platform through self-study of existing code
- Strong project and time management skills with experience successfully multitasking and managing customer expectations
- Experience working with nontechnical end users to explain technical concepts
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO’s candidate privacy statement here.