Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Care Engineering as a Senior Software Engineer. You will build API packages and enable it for consumer consumption via GraphQL endpoints, perform Member Mastering on all market datasets and generate Member SBR using open-source, and cloud-native technologies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop Innovative technical solutions that are aligned with architectural guiding principles and standards through a regular cadence of delivery and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop/Engineer event driven software capabilities utilizing Kafka, event driven microservices and distributed data platform
- Works closely with other engineers and architects to drive and develop solutions
- Drives technology modernization activities with architects and engineering teams including a shift to modular, data centric, open-source, and cloud-native technologies
- Works closely with Technical Product Owners in plotting required Enablers to support business feature teams on the Architecture runways, ensuring full lifecycle delivery through CI / CD pipeline
- Conducts research on POC technical solutions, internal enterprise capabilities, and provides a continuous growth-oriented mindset
- Mentor and coach junior software engineers
- Participates in the evaluation of new technologies and partnering with engineers to create innovation labs for applicability
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience developing in modern full stack applications using open-source languages including Golang, Java, SpringBoot, data technologies including Databricks, Snowflake, Cosmos DB, Elastic Search, T-SQL and NoSQL
- 4+ years of experience working with an Agile development methodology
- 3+ years of related IT experience as a developer, engineer, architect, or similar role
- 2+ years of experience on container orchestration using Kubernetes and Kafka event streaming
- 2+ years of experience designing cloud-enabled solutions in Azure or AWS or GCP
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.