Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
This position is eligible to sit in any of the following locations:
- Chicago, IL
- Charlotte, NC
- Boston, MA
- Portland, OR
- Dublin, OH
As the Senior Engineer, Software Engineering, you’ll provide technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications and shared services. You will drives proficiency within teams, provide resolution to technical issues, assure best practices are followed, and assist management in meeting strategic initiatives while contributing to smooth business operations. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies such as .Net Core, Angular, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, NoSQL databases, as well as Google Cloud. While there is minimal maintenance work, the majority of work this role is focused on true build and enhancement. Join us as we disrupt and transform the transportation industry through technology.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop RESTful APIs, Microservices using C#, .NET Core, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Couchbase and Elasticsearch
- Experience working with different Software Engineering Design Patterns
- Own the core development deliverables, including technical design, logical and physical design of the solution, coding, testing, and debugging
- Provide guidance on technical tasks, priorities and technical assistance when needed
- Manages all aspects of coding for the team branching, code review, ensure code reusability and maintainability with constant refactoring, collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team on standards and approaches. Ultimately accountable for the quality of the code for the project
- Mentor developers and helps resolve technical roadblocks; conduct collaborative code reviews and coordinates the deployment and implementation of software solutions. Available for production application deployment and troubleshooting off hours and/or on an on-call basis
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of relevant software development experience including creating business applications and within a fast-paced software development environment.
- Hands on full stack development experience using C#, .NET Core, AngularJS, SQL & NoSQL databases (SQL Server & Couchbase preferred) and Elastic Search
- Experience working with API/Microservices and event driven architecture
- Experience working on Docker, Kubernetes, or other container technologies
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems
- 6 years of relevant software development experience
- Experience working on Cloud Computing technology (GCP)
- Experience building highly available and fault tolerant enterprise software
- Demonstrable knowledge of multi-tiered, highly available, and resilient application design
- Experience with authentication/authorization oAuth2, SAML, SSO, OpenID, IAM, 2FA, Active Directory and ADFS
- Experience working with, and enhancing, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD) tools such TeamCity, Octopus
- Experience working with nontechnical end users to explain technical concepts
- Should have worked on Agile scrum or Kanban methodology
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.