This role offers a hybrid work schedule; offering the flexibility to work remotely two days a week, while providing the opportunity for in-person collaboration.
Buffalo, NY or Wilmington, DE
At M&T Tech, we’re a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. We’re not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: We’re an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. We’re building an agile team of the most skilled and creative workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrow’s bank, today.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be part of an agile team where you will design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code; ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. We are on a mission to change the way we innovate, architect, and deliver tech products to help the bank modernize the way we work and your role will have high impact relating to this work.
Scope of Responsibilities:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will need to be effective in working autonomously and in teams on high level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors.
Possible Tech Stack You Could Work with Given Multiple Engineering Opportunities Available:
- Core Java
- Spring framework
- Web services and API development
- SOAP, XML, XSL
- Apex, Lightning, Visualforce
- Restful Web APIs
- Agile methodologies (scrum)
- Testing automation with Java – Maven Cucumber and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Oracle PL/SQL 11c or higher, SQL developer
- Red Hat Linux – basic commands, Bash experience helpful
- GitHub & Azure
- Selenium, Cypress
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- GraphQl, gRPC
- Redis & SQL Server
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate degree and 6 years’ systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years’ higher education and/or work experience
- Worked on multiple projects involving complex systems analysis, design and complete application development
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Must be familiar with industry direction
- An ability to build out products & products enhancements from idea through to launch
- Skills to collaborate with the entire team and customers on feature requirements and prioritization
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
M&T Bank is the 12th largest US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America