Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Engineer, Software Engineering, you’ll be responsible for developing various Transportation Management Systems (TMS), participating in design reviews and working with the quality assurance team to assess reported defects from testing.We’ll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop code for both defects and enhancements within a large-scale Transportation Management System understand the functionality and configuration of the systems that are being supported
- Perform unit testing with documented test cases and results
- Participate in the review and analyses of business requirements, functional specifications, and design documents; participate in project post-mortem facilitation
- Provide input on information technology tools, application upgrades and architectural design
- Actively participate in continuous process improvement efforts
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 2 years of experience in software development, in medium to large systems environments
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the software development life cycle and Agile process
- Availability to perform 24/7 on-call duties on a rotational basis
It’d be great if you also have:
- Additional experience in Mobile App Development (both Android and iOS), Classic ASP/VBScript, WCF and WPF services
- Proven experience in logistics and/or transportation management, business analysis and customer relations
- Strong project and time management skills with experience successfully multitasking and managing customer expectations
- Experience learning, understanding and mentoring others in the functionality of multiple logistics-related systems
- Experience working with nontechnical end users to explain technical concepts
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.