Location: Belfast or Remote (UK). For permanent remote positions 20% travel is expected in this role (post COVID-19 crisis)
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Vitality Health Insurance, Towergate wellness cash benefit, Pension scheme (10% via 5% match), Income protection + Life cover (4x salary)
About Zenith Ai
Zenith is building a Bio Studio that will enable non-experts to rapidly build and deploy purpose-built AI applications in the Bio space. Our vision is to be the standard for end-to-end AI creation that delivers in the real world. Founded in 2020 by a team of well experienced and world- renowned machine learning entrepreneurs, our team has rapidly progressed the development of our software platform. At Zenith the customer experience comes first; to truly democratise AI requires a tool that is wholly intuitive and light-years ahead of the tooling used today.
As a stealth-mode startup recently acquired by Opentrons Labworks, our online presence is currently limited, but we gladly fill in detail throughout the application process.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineer that has a passion for MLOps who can help us build a distributed, scalable Machine Learning solutions R&D and production platform. The ideal candidate will be comfortable jumping between software development tasks and infrastructure tasks.
You will have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle and have experience in building scalable, reliable, and high-performance systems. You will be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new technologies, as well as operating within the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and collaborative team environment. You will be comfortable working within a team of the brightest minds, relishing the opportunity to solve complex problems together, learning from and sharing knowledge as peers.
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- 3+ years of relevant commercial experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software, Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, or 6+ years relevant years’ experience.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Strong Python essential
- Comfortable with Linux
- Experience writing bash/shell scripts
- Experience in docker
- Experience and an interest in working within ML Ops
- Experience with AWS – in particular: IAM, EC2, S3
- Experience of any of the following:
- Amazon Sage maker
- Experience designing infrastructure for production environments (e.g. Fault tolerance, scaling, automation with Packer/Terraform/Ansible)
- Experience with any of the following container-tech: Docker buildkit, docker-compose, nvidia container runtime, Kubernetes
- Python experience with any of the following:
- Experience with object storage (Minio or AWS S3)
- Linux administration experience in any of: User management, X11 display handling, network administration, security
- Infrastructure testing (load testing, chaos engineering)
- An interest in machine learning/AI
About Opentrons Labworks
Currently, over 90% of biologists in the world run experiments with manual pipettes, moving tiny amounts of liquid from vial to vial by hand. By making robotics affordable and open, we can build a common platform to help all life-scientists easily execute and share their experiments.
Opentrons’ robotics are in use in over 40 countries around the world and have been adopted by top-tier institutions like Stanford, Harvard, Merck, and Roche. Opentrons is VC-backed with investors including Khosla Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and Y Combinator.
Neochromosome, Inc. (part of Opentrons) is a biotech company whose disruptive chromosome synthesis and engineering technologies are changing the world of synthetic biology. Rather than piecemeal editing of an existing genome, Neo delivers entire chromosomes designed de novo to be modular and orthogonal to the host cell. Neo’s work has revolutionized the Design – Build – Deliver paradigm for biological engineering with a focus on higher eukaryotic cells for expression of commercially valuable biological pathways.
Opentrons is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.