Are you passionate about modern cloud technologies, programming languages, design patterns and scalable architectures? You’ll be right at home here. The Technology team participates in research and development of highly scalable, data driven, consumer facing applications as well as identifies new technologies and trends and how they might be implemented to enhance our products and business. Work and learn from world-class talent that promotes a culture of data, experimentation and learning. Use the latest technologies such as AWS, Node, React, GraphQL, Flutter and more to accelerate your career growth.
About The Role…
- Expected to be the champion of quality on the team and drive the quality mindset with coaching and mentoring.
- Ability to pick up engineering tasks designing, developing, and maintaining product features, at a similar capability to an equivalently leveled software engineer.
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable.
- Use quality best practices and programming skills to explore, drive, and implement test automation solutions and testing tools in order to maximize efficiency and test coverage.
- Work with the teams to create and maintain an automated ‘build and test’ verification process that includes an appropriate level of reporting and alerting for teams to be proactive.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality.
- You will contribute to and lead process improvement initiatives to improve quality.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product Owners – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions.
- You will act as a risk-driven quality assurance professional, escalating quality issues and concerns in a timely manner, providing suggestions for improvements and taking the lead on implementing those solutions.
- Coach, mentor, and guide junior team members to deliver the best solution.
- You will coach and coordinate the automated testing amongst teams and collaborate on test design and execution.
- You will identify cross-team dependencies, communicate clearly with other teams and seek collaborative solutions.
- A driven software engineer in test that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Passion for quality engineering and the latest technology standards
- 2+ years experience putting in practice sound software engineering fundamentals (frontend or backend).
- Track record of driving positive change, collaboratively implementing QE processes that have improved quality metrics.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, identify trends and root causes rather than fixing the symptoms
- Extensive experience with white box testing and understanding of the inner workings of the system under test
- Experience with BDD/TDD and test automation at the unit, component and system test levels
- Experience with test automation tools (ex. Cypress, Selenium, Nightwatch, Playwright, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine)
- Experience with API and micro service testing
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 80 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.