We are looking for a very talented and dedicated Senior Software Engineer In Test (SDET) to help us build out a world-beating feature set. Joining our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for testing new rest-api backend features and microservices both manually and by automation; as required and identified at the planning sessions to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers which helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Working within a dedicated team of highly experienced backend and frontend developers.
- Creating Test Automation Feasibility Review, Test Automation Approach, Test Automation Plan, Test Automation Strategy.
- Continuously liaising and collaborating with developers and other specialists within and outside your team to ensure requirement clarity and quality-first mindset.
- Identify test scenarios, create test cases and document test results.
- Be the quality voice/evangelist within and outside your team.
- Write and maintain tests for both manual and automation.
- Estimate the testing required, reporting status and issues within your team using the system in place.
- Know when to escalate issues/bugs that are not getting the expected attention.
- Integrate and generate reportings from the CI tooling after automated test executions for visibility.
- Document software faults and liaise with developers until the software is ready for release.
- Perform detailed manual and automation testing of in-house applications using industry-standard techniques.
What we’re looking for*:
- Proven track record of experience writing api automation tests.
- Proven track record of working in service oriented environments.
- Proven track record of writing consumer driven tests. (Contract testing).
- Strong understanding and experience of using SOLID principles.
- Strong understanding of creating and using mock servers.
- Strong knowledge of mocking test dependencies and inversion of control concept.
- Strong grasp on SDLC and STLC with a DevOps approach.
- Experience in Continuous Testing.
- Exposure to mobile application testing.
- Knowledge of using charles or any other debugging tools.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £400 – £450 per day dependant on experience
- 3-6 months duration
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup
Our Interview process:
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Technical Interview with hiring manager
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.