Software Resources has a perm/direct hire opening an Senior Software Engineer (Hybrid-Cloud based applications) for an international investment banking company in New York, NY.
IT Software Engineer
Our client is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm's commitment to client success across its advisory services. The company is the No. 1 investment bank for all global M&A transactions, the No. 1 M&A advisor for the past seven consecutive years in the U.S., the No. 1 global restructuring advisor for the past eight consecutive years, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, all based on number of transactions and according to data provided by Refinitiv .
Responsible for ongoing development and support of various company Portfolio Valuations (PV) Technology applications and systems. This position will design, implement, and manage cloud software solutions, assist with troubleshooting issues, and provide ongoing support for day-to-day IT operations involving web services and financial models. Position will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and deploying software applications and services, while educating end users on features and ensuring the security of the PV Technology platform.
- Working knowledge with Redis would be ideal, especially if candidate has worked on configuration, maintenance and similar tasks
- Design and develop web, desktop, and Cloud-based applications that meet technical and end user requirements.
- Design and develop services to integrate applications or clients that meet technical user requirements.
- Participate in user requirements sessions with business partners to identify, capture, and refine requirements.
- Determine appropriate non-functional requirements for applications.
- Develop and support automation scripts for data ingestion and transformation.
- Assist in troubleshooting end-user or application issues.
- Create and maintain unit tests for software applications.
- Manage code in a code repository such as GitHub .
- Monitor resources for availability and capacity constraints, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with audit reporting, logging, and other compliance activities on HL policies and relevant industry regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX and SEC audits, NIST 800-53 and CIS Critical Security Controls20 ).
- Participate in change control procedures for systems when applicable.
- Work on documentation of systems, configurations, and operating procedures.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and inter-team collaboration skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university and six or more years directly related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding and hands-on knowledge of software configuration and management, and problem resolution.
- Previous work experience with C# in the Microsoft .NET stack and SQL Server.
- Familiarity with the Windows operating system in an enterprise environment.
- Strong communications and cross-teams player skills.
- COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
- Previous work experience in a financial institution environment.
- Familiar with financials models, such as discounted cash flow (DCF), loan prepayment/default, and others.
- Understand sources of financial data such as Refinitiv , Bloomberg, Intex, as well as their APIs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO).
- Experience with Whole Loans and Structured Finance Valuations.
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Azure cloud, Docker, Python and scripting knowledge is a big plus
- Previous work experience with Redis or other key-value stores