Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
As a Senior software development engineer, you will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and innovative startup environment while able to revolutionize the FinTech space by working alongside inspiring visionaries.
You will define, design, and implement highly scalable multi-tier distributed services that provide lending related services to SoFi customers. You will be part of a fast growing fast-paced fun group that explores cutting edge technologies, with a culture of learning from each other and developing each other. Your work will be highly impactful as you support cool new initiatives such as state of the art POS/AI services that create convenient first-class SoFi customer experience on websites and mobile devices.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, code, test and deploy user-facing resilient and scalable products and experiences
- Work with multiple languages; Java, Kotlin, graphQL, Kafka, React, MongoDB to name a few to build performant and scalable backend applications in a cloud based microservices architecture
- Work with engineering, and product stakeholders in order to build the best financial products and tools. Collaborate with a team of like-minded engineers focused on building industry-leading software
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision
- Participate in design and code reviews, generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment across multiple offices
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React, and we run on Kubernetes in a service oriented architecture with over 100 services in production
- 2+ years Java or other OO language, Kotlin or Scala programming experience
- A proven understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Experience working on a SOA or microservice-based application.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Solid sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
Nice To Have
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience scaling highly available, mission critical systems
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and local legal requirements, effective on August 17, 2022, employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from, travel to, or attend work related meetings in our NYC office.
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.