Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum Care Solutions- Transformation & Optimization (OCS-T&O) is a newly formed team responsible for driving agile product and engineering transformation across the Care Solution Technology organization. This team will partner with existing Care Solutions teams to deliver improvements in agile delivery, product operating model, architecture, and engineering practices.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Hartford, CT preferred.
- Building next generation products and services enabling product development teams to deliver quality and secure products by using cloud native tools
- Produce high quality code across the full technology stack, from database to UI as a Full stack engineering
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and improving application performance by responding to specific problems and fixing defects
- Document and demonstrate solutions with a focus on security and performance by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Actively participate in Agile software processes
- Leverage technical skills by applying towards the validation of product quality and writing test code including unit tests and automated test cases
- Keep up with industry trends and innovations and apply knowledge to the existing codebase
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience using Spring, Kakfa, Jenkins and GitHub
- 3+ years of experience building and leveraging container-based technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Hands-on experience building APIs and microservices
- Experience building native cloud solutions on either Azure (preferred), GCP or AWS
- Experience writing and executing unit, functional and integration tests using automated test frameworks
- Expert proficiency authoring clean, maintainable, scalable, and robust code in languages such as Java, TypeScript, Python, GoLang or Rust in a professional setting; or other functional programming experience
- Master’s degree
- Graph QL experience
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.