Roku Is Changing How The World Watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About The Team
What this team is about, and the challenges you will tackle:
Our team’s mission is to build cutting-edge advertising technology to support and help grow sustainable advertising business. We own server technologies, data, cloud services, and test engineering for advertising.
In this role you will work as a key member of the Customer Interface team. You will design, develop, and operate components of our best-in-class suite of customer facing web applications driving key ad-tech components such as the Demand Side Platform, Data Management Platform and Forecasting toolsets. The customer interface team and the corresponding API services layer operate on a modern tech stack including React, Node, AWS, and Docker.
About The Role
Roku pioneered TV streaming and continues to innovate and lead the industry. The Roku Channel has us well-positioned to help shape the future of streaming. Continued success relies on investing in Advertising Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality web applications and back-end services
- Add new functionality to existing systems, while constantly working to improve usability, quality, performance, and scalability
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support to other team members
- Work closely with UX designers, product management and end-users to create exceptional user experiences
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of existing products
- Deliver constant value back to the business in a highly agile team approaching continuous deployment
We’re excited if you have
- 8+ years of web applications development experience
- Experience with cloud technology, AWS preferred
- Superior problem-solving skills with demonstrable history of autonomously delivering high quality, scalable and maintainable solutions
- Intrinsically motivated, independent thinker who works well alone or in group settings with minimal direct supervision
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent