Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you support PST and are able to attend quarterly meetings in Walnut Creek, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Successfully delivers product features as measured by product owner and customer satisfaction, code quality, solution maintainability, and adherence to Agile principles
- Ensures the features provide security and data integrity required to meet overall department goals towards HIPAA compliance
- Along with product owners and usability designers, participates in requirements discovery and usability sessions with end users
- Creates and estimates development task list from a product feature user story
- Ensures unit testing, functional testing, and automated testing coverage of features prior to launch
- Performs pair coding and design reviews with peer developers
- Develops design patterns and standards. Guides junior staff on the best practices and patterns
- Creates documentation about both the current state of software as well as historical accounts of the process
- Leads refactoring or new technology efforts including research and communication of new design patterns for adoption by the team
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer delivering Java-based consumer-facing web applications
- 3+ years of experience working with the design and operation of relational databases, including data modeling and query performance optimization
- 3+ years of Java framework experience in at least two of the following: Hibernate, Core Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security
- 3+ years of experience working in a ‘Shift to the Left’ on quality in which unit tests and test automation are created as part of initial work on the product
- 2+ years of experience working on teams using Agile and Lean coding methodologies
- 2+ years of experience developing server-side apps with NodeJS
- Experience successfully implementing new technology to an existing development team through research, and clear communication of new design patterns and migration plans
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 2+ years of experience with test automation frameworks, such as Selenium or TestCafe
- Knowledge of Maven, npm, and Bamboo (or similar build management and continuous integration tools)
- Excels in Pair Programming, mentoring junior developers and contributing to the overall development and documentation of this practice
- Experience in software security frameworks such as DAST/SAST
- Healthcare knowledge and interest
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork and time management abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, communicating ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.