Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Successfully delivers product features as measured by product owner and customer satisfaction, code quality, solution maintainability, and adherence to Agile principles
- Ensures the features provide security and data integrity required to meet overall department goals towards HIPAA compliance
- Along with product owners and usability designers, participates in requirements discovery and usability sessions with end users
- Creates and estimates development task list from a product feature user story
- Ensures unit testing, functional testing, and automated testing coverage of features prior to launch
- Performs pair coding and design reviews with peer developers
- Develops design patterns and standards. Guides junior staff on the best practices and patterns
- Creates documentation about both the current state of software as well as historical accounts of the process
- Leads refactoring or new technology efforts including research and communication of new design patterns for adoption by the team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years Java experience
- 3+ years working with the design and operation of relational databases, including data modeling and query performance optimization
- 2+ years working on teams using Agile and Lean coding methodologies
- 3+ years of experience of working in a ‘Shift to the Left’ on quality in which unit tests and test automation are created as part of initial work on the product
- 3+ years Java framework experience in at least two of the following: Hibernate, Core Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Security
- 2+ years developing server-side apps with NodeJS
- 2+ years of experience with test automation frameworks, such as Selenium or TestCafe
- Knowledge of Maven, npm and Bamboo (or similar build management and continuous integration tools)
- Excels in Pair Programming, mentoring junior developers and contributing to the overall development and documentation of this practice
- Experience in software security frameworks such as DAST/SAST
- Able to work / support PST Time Zone
- Healthcare knowledge and interest strongly recommended
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.