Guidewire is searching for a senior full stack engineer who is passionate about all things data, from polishing data under the hood to visualizing complex data sets in mind blowing ways. You will help build our next generation of data analytics and visualization tools to help insurance companies glean actionable insights into their operational performance.
Who We Are, What We Believe, & What We Build
Guidewire is the market leader that 400+ insurance companies trust to run their mission-critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to change insurance. There is a lot to be done!
Who You Are
You are an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a great team and improving the customer experience for all of customers who use our products every day. You have a fine attention to detail and love visualizing data including geo visualizations. You can quickly build new features in an agile environment. You are a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it!
- Technical mastery
- Architect an impactful, performant, and scalable stack and unified application that fear no challenge
- Write production code to lead our developers from the front
- Team leadership
- Challenge product management and user experience to provide highly usable and insightful features
- Champion cutting edge software development methodologies across front end and server side
- Deliver quantified business outcomes for customers with products that deliver the future today and make us proud
- Build trust via transparency, communication, and consistent delivery that is on-scope and with exceptional quality
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in role developing browser-based interactive web applications
- Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3, including frameworks similar to Bootstrap or Material
- In depth knowledge of databases and SQL
- Excellent programming skills coupled with an understanding of object-oriented design patterns
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js , Google Charts
- Experience with Core Java and frameworks like Spring/Spring Boot
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker is a plus
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com . If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.