Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new territories all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your help to get us there.
First impressions are crucial. The web team own TrueLayer’s public website, and are responsible for a lot of people’s first impressions of the brand. As TrueLayer scales at lightning speed across the world, the number of first impressions we’re responsible for grows by the day. Our job is to create fresh, immersive and captivating experiences that communicate what we do and how we’re changing the way the world pays. To engage users no matter who they are or what language they speak.
Our long-term goal is to build a best-in-class, award winning B2B site that reflects TrueLayer’s status as an innovative payments company: one that is visually stunning, performant, accessible and technically correct at every level. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and we know we have a long way to go, so we need your help to build the culture of collaboration, continual improvement and engineering excellence that will get us there.
Our technology stack:
- Jest / Testing Library / Cypress
- Storyblok (CMS)
About our team:
The web team includes a product manager, UX/UI designer, and several frontend engineers. We partner with our internal customers on identifying and solving for business need, and then own the design, implementation and delivery of the solution, as well as day-to-day operation and maintenance. In short: we scope, design, build and run it.
We don’t live and die by one methodology — our way of working is built on top of TrueLayer’s engineering principles and borrows from Agile, Clean Code and Continuous Delivery.
Rather than list any more industry buzzwords, we’d like to tell you what our way of working means to us:
- we create value by solving the highest impact problems first
- we collaborate to deliver that value sooner (swarming)
- we value pairing, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- we believe slow is smooth, and smooth is fast
- we focus on finishing, not starting, and limit work in progress (WIP0
- we prevent negative reinforcing loops by proactively addressing tech debt and continually refactoring
- most importantly: we practise kindness, empathy and humility, and have fun working together
If you like the sound of what we do, here are a few things we’re looking for from you:
- you’ve got razor-sharp frontend skills
- you’re an advocate for clean, well-tested, maintainable code
- you’ve got experience with content management systems and static site generators (we love Gatsby)
- ideally, you’ve worked on a large, internationalised site before
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home and our incredible offices in London Milan Sydney and Dublin
- A remote-working budget to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy, with 24 days as standard
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance from the day you start
- 12 fully-paid Wellbeing Days a year (on top of the holiday allowance)
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill
- £1,000 to spend on learning & development each year
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.