The API Trading team builds and maintains a machine interface into Bloomberg’s Electronic Trading platform. This interface leverages the industry standard FIX protocol and provides access to a large proportion of the workflows offered by the venue. The system at the centre of this is modern, distributed, scalable and provides high availability. We’re a growing team and are looking for quality engineers to help us build on this initial success and take the team forward – that’s where you come in!
Bloomberg’s Electronic Trading platform is the largest of its kind in the world and supports a diverse range of asset classes and products, including Fixed Income, FX and ETFs. The space is fast evolving, with automation and algorithmic trading unsurprisingly displacing many of the traditional workflows of our clients. From a technology perspective, algorithmic trading is a game-changer for how our systems are designed as it places higher emphasis on throughput than is required with user-driven trading.
Our tech stack:
Were a relatively new team and weve worked hard to position our system for future growth. As a result our technology stack is clean and most of our energy is spent on building a stable, highly-tuned and well-tested system. We use the industry standard FIX (Financial Information Exchange) to communicate with our clients and define our workflows. Day-to-day were primarily using C++ and Python to build multithreaded distributed services which have high transaction rates. We have an exhaustive test suite including the use of BDD. Were involved in technical system design and all stages of the development lifecycle, and partner closely with our business to provide the fastest, most flexible and reliable system to our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work collaboratively with the team on some of our critical projects.
- Develop strong partnerships across internal development teams within Electronic Trading, as well as our product team.
- Maintain and promote best practices that result in high quality of software, systems and services.
- Explore and innovate with new technologies, and encourage the team to follow your lead.
You’ll need to have:
- Prior experience with the FIX protocol and workflows.
- An ability to work in an inclusive, highly collaborative and high performance environment.
- Solid experience working with C++ and Python in a Linux environment.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- The desire to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle effectively through to resolution.
- An inclination to innovate and continuously improve.
What we’ll offer:
- An exciting, modern and challenging platform and business area.
- High levels of responsibility and ownership.
- Guidance, mentorship and career progression.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.