Senior Software Engineer- Firmware
The Software Engineer will operate in an AGILE development environment, breaking down large feature deliverables into actionable items for developers.
The candidate will need to be in close alignment with the SW delivery lead, system architect, backend development team, engineering team members and testing team to support test case driven development.
The candidate will also support joint root-cause-analysis of field issues with Electrify Amercas quality engineering team.
- Main responsibility Lead software development efforts across multiple platforms. 65%Requirements development & technical alignment between software architecture, development, testing and delivery
- Conduct code reviews & FMEAs with vendors to drive delivery of high-quality code
- Assess level-of-effort vs vendor estimate, increase process transparency and development efficiency, reduce lead times
- Additional responsibilities Collaborate with Quality and testing team 25%Help identify field and lab issues and recommended fixes
- Lead root cause analysis of system logs to identify issues
- Additional responsibilities Validation support 10 % of time Support the Validation team in analyzing system behavior and defining test cases
- Years Of Experience7 – 10 years, ideally in EV Industry
- Education Bachelor’s degree, EE, CE
- Master's degree – desired
- Skills Computer or Electrical Engineering background or equivalent
- Vendor management
- Specialized Skills :
- Programming experience, C,C++, Java Suite or other comparable platforms or languages
- Embedded system development and testing
- Experience conducting Code reviews of third-party software
- Experience in conducting Software FMEAs
- Requirement & Feature development experience
- Experience in AGILE SW development
- Experience with test-driven development processes
- Knowledge of OSI model and its various layers
- DesiredExperience with DCFC Charger FW and SW
- OCPP, OCPI experience
- Experience in embedded systems for Power conversion and delivery with HMI displays
- Experience in C-Suite presentation
Generous car lease program – up to 3 members of family (includes 15k miles, low commitment, can purchase at manufacturer cost or trade, covers insurance, maintenance on first 10k miles, exempt from property tax, get stipend of $100 mos for VW or $240 mos for Audi to help cover lease costs
Up to 10% annual bonus,
Possible sign-on bonus of $5-14k,
Relocation – if needed –
Generous 401k Plan — 9% return on 401K for these Direct Hire roles. 4% regular matching along with 5% defined contribution by the company annually. No vesting timeframe. Must stay with the company 3 years to receive the defined contribution portion.
Tuition re-imbursement/Student loan – $100 mos student loan repayment applied directly to principle.