Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Software Engineer will be working on the Optum Care Strategic Platform (Facets) and is responsible for large and more complex components, while influencing overall Architecture, patterns, and drives/promotes reusability. The candidate also performs a variety of complicated tasks including production support and troubleshooting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Solid organizational skills and focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Agile – Works with product management to ensure stories are well worded, prioritized have appropriate acceptance criteria and are sized appropriately
- Decomposes features into manageable stories/tasks
- Drives completion of deliverables that have dependencies on other people or teams ensuring an on-time finish
- Create design documents and Implements component design in-line with predefined team architectural patterns
- Seeks and incorporates feedback on solutions
- Able to identify and provide feedback on designs provided and implemented by others
- Mentor software engineers through code reviews, and hands-on design sessions and assist with problem solving related to complex bugs and issues
- Unblocks the team when they're blocked
- PR submissions follow highest standards and best practices
- Contributes meaningfully to code reviews daily of team’s work, providing collaborative guidance and feedback
- Drives reusability of code and Leaves code better than when they found it
- Choose refactor opportunities to drive down tech debt, in alignment with sprint and program goals
- Introduces automation to replace repeated manual processes demonstrating measurable improvement
- Delivers solutions devoid of significant security vulnerabilities
- Provide support and leadership in critical production support issue resolution
- Support the team for application availability, reliability, and stability on a non-call basis
- Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Work with team to achieve timely resolution of all production issues meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development and testing experience in C# / .Net programming language
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL Database
- 5+ years of Senior level Applications Developer experience
- 5+ years Database Design/Programming (Stored Procedures)
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- Healthcare Industry Experience
- TriZetto Facets Application experience
- Healthcare EDI Experience
- CI/CD Experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.