The Senior Software Engineer, Desktop is an integral part of a team, providing expertise in C++ and C# as well as analysis, investigation, and problem solving to ensure the success of new features and the evolution of our product line.
This position is eligible for full-time home-based remote work.
As the Development department’s Client Team, we develop new features for and maintain the Stamps.com desktop application, the Web Application’s desktop plug-in, and our eCommerce related server components.
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
- Software Design and Implementation.
- Investigation of issues.
- System analysis.
Essential Position Duties
- Software Design and Implementation
- Design and implement high performance and highly reliable client-side functionality using C++ and C#
- Perform code reviews to accelerate and streamline the process of software development
- Participate in all facets of the software development life cycle (from the initial concept to the final release).
- Adhere to the team's architectural and design standards, and contribute to functional and integration testing
- Stored procedure and SQL Schema Modification
- Investigation of Issues
- Debug and analyze defects and create solutions for regression tests
- Setup and generate automated test reports
- Create test reports for activities performed
- System Analysis
- Review code and technical documents
- Apply standard design techniques to business problems
- Author technical specifications which clearly communicate design ideas, functionality and optimization
Additional Position Duties
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent.
- Five or more (5+) years of proven experience in software development.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience with C++ and C#.
- Excellent track record in a high productivity environment.
Skills And Knowledge
- Ability to organize, prioritize and apply complex concepts to project tasks yet find simple solutions for solving problems.
- Proficiency with debugging, source control, and defect tracking.
- Software Design and Architecture
- UI Design and Implementation
- Commercial and Enterprise Software Development
- MS Visual Studio (Required)
- C#, C++, (Required)
- .Net Interop, COM (Required)
- ATL/STL/SOAP/Rest (Required)
- SQL (Desired)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled