The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This specialized role is within the Technology operations group of The Trade Desk’s Engineering. This group is focused on delivering world-class solutions for the internal clients of The Trade Desk. In this role you will be aligned to the technology needs of our internal business teams such as Finance, Marketing, Data partnerships, People Operations, Sales, Trading and several others.
- In this role you will architect and build an enterprise datawarehouse to provide insights and analytics to our internal clients.
- You will develop a deep understanding of our company’s various operational systems and datasets in order to then extract data into the data warehouse, model it and build data marts.
- You will help formulate the vision for data integrity and security of the data within the warehouse.
- You will also be a key player in building the ETL stack to cleanse, transform and load data from different enterprise sources using multiple ETL technologies.
- In this role you will work closely with our internal business teams and BI specialists to define the end goal for any analytics needs of the company
- Our Senior engineers are end-to-end owners and help us define the current and future of technology within the group and the entire company.
- Our Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and/or direct management of small teams, they make others better and raise the bar for those around them.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have 8+ years of experience working on architecting and building a data warehouse.
- You have 5+ years of experience developing solutions using iPaaS applications such as Dell Boomi, SSIS or Informatica.
- You have basic understanding of engineering fundamentals and database technologies. This will be key to highly performant world class design and implementations.
- You are a broadly skilled engineer, accustomed to interfacing with web services of external and internal systems, building ETL pipelines using variety of technologies and service layers.
- You have a product-focused mindset. You have the passion and ability to contribute to the process of discovering what will delight our clients and push forward one of the world’s largest and most influential industries toward a vision of openness, transparency, and evidence-based decision-making.
- You work with confidence and without ego. Our engineers have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of leadership in their daily work. You have strongly-held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to support your fellow teammates.
- You value, seek out, and foster diversity. We are a global team from many diverse backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives. To complement this team, you will welcome ideas that are different from your own and be skilled at finding and building from common ground.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.