Love cutting-edge tech? We do too.
Our mission is to personalize every digital display and video ad, on both mobile and desktop, by informing it with anonymous user data. Keyword: anonymous. Ad tech has a privacy problem and at Epsilon, were here to fix it.
Were looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Software Engineer to help us transform the way marketers connect and interact with their consumers. When you join us, youll develop powerful systems and write effective tests across every layer of our primary ad tech CORE platform. From processing petabytes of data to making bid decisions in under 10 ms over 5 million times per second, youll help us do some truly astounding things.
Better yet, were growing fast, which means you can too. From learning new technologies to collaborating with some of the brightestand kindestpeople in the world, theres a lot to love about a career with us. Join a team where youre empowered to do epic things and unleash your full potential.
What youll do:
- Automate data collection and reports from multiple sources (Hadoop jobs, SQL, NoSQL)
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Build high-performance software that supports our ad delivery data platform.
- Provide technical consulting, troubleshooting and subject matter expertise on the platform and any integrations.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Work with other members of the Operations, Platform and Engineering teams to design new solutions.
- Use Agile and DevOps methodologies to enhance existing operations and processes.
- Learn from some of the best and brightest in the industry while sharing your experience and expertise to keep us on top of the industry.
- You own a problem to the end.
- You strive for technical excellence in yourself and encourage it in others.
- You find creative solutions to difficult problems.
What youll bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with modern object-oriented software, engineering processes and best practices.
- Experience working in collaboration with experienced software engineers.
- Working knowledge of the ad tech ecosystem.
- Experience with cloud technologies and containers is a plus.
- Strong applied experience programming in Java and NoSQL toolsets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work with product owners and development teams to gather and refine requirements, and see development through to QA, deployment and ongoing maintenance.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies to make design and technical decisions and understand their impact.
- Collaborate across multiple teams in architecting new solutions.
- Drive efforts to reduce inefficiencies in development, QA and deployment processes.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate application performance and identify areas to improve performance and availability.
- Advocate for strong Agile development methodologies (SCRUM), automated testing, and continuous integration.
- Compose timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation as requested.
- Ability to multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing and supporting web-based applications
- A strong command of modern and emerging data technologies, including Hadoop, SQL, Postgres, Redis
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience with various SQL databases (Postgres preferred)
- Experience with software revision and control systems (GIT preferred)
- Experience with bug tracking systems (JIRA preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years of equivalent work experience
- Experience with online advertising industry
- Docker development and deployment
When youre one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, weve been helping marketers from the worlds top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services.
Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon products and services have been recognized as industry-leading by the Forrester Wave. We process more than 500 billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. And our CORE ID is the industrys most accurate, stable and scalable identity solution that helps brands recognize and reach 200M+ U.S. consumers in a privacy-safe way.
Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilons policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.