Vericast is a leading marketing solutions company, delivering actionable insights and expertise through its Valassis and Harland Clarke omnichannel solutions, to help more than 70,000 businesses engage with their customers. Every day, Vericast influences purchasing and transaction behavior of more than 120 million households – impacting where they eat, shop, buy, save and borrow. Follow Vericast on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn how Vericast drives commerce.
- Design, develop, and maintain the software and systems that drive our Display Advertising systems
- Extend our platform by researching and applying new technologies and stacks to solve business problems
- Participate in multi-disciplinary projects with our applications and analytics teams
- Maintain our big data platform by diagnosing, predicting, and correcting scaling problems
- Contribute to our team’s growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes
We work in an Agile environment closely with Product Management and collaborate with other engineering teams to deliver cross-team features that directly impact our business and revenue stream. We deploy and monitor our production environment so we can see the fruits of our labor. We take pride in maintaining a collaborative code base using pull-request reviews, coding standards, and automated testing to ensure reliability, readability, and maintainability.
What you'll do:
- Design and deliver product features that enable our internal teams to configure, optimize, and execute on our digital advertising campaigns
- Build services that allow internal and external partners a way to integrate with our world-class demand-side platform
- Build backend services based off of Spring and Spring Boot that give engineering, data science and analytics teams access to our digital advertising campaign configuration
- Work with our UI, Optimization, and Data Science teams to adapt to the continually changing advertising landscape
- Troubleshoot and resolve business and production issues by determining what is happening, who is impacted, issue priority and resolution.
Who You Are
- 6+ years of professional experience and extensive knowledge of application development using core Java, Spring framework, and Spring Boot.
- Fluent in Java and Python
- Proficient in Postgres, Tableau, & Spark is a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Scala a plus
- Curious self-starter and passionate about leaving code better than you found it
- Mentor and otherwise informally provide leadership to other software engineers
- Frequently serve as technical lead for medium projects, determining implementation tasks, tradeoffs, and milestones.
- Can design, build, deploy, and maintain services fundamental to our business with minimal guidance
- Great technical and business communication skills and can communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to solve higher level problems
- Can assess technical trade-offs between solutions across service boundaries
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket, GitLab
Our Tech Stack
- Spring/Spring Boot
3rd Party Tools
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.