Oracle Commerce is one of the industry's top-ranked commerce solutions that powers the world's best brands, delivering a consistent, personalized cross-channel customer experience. Oracle Commerce is a fully featured, extensible SaaS commerce solution, hosted in the Oracle Cloud, supporting B2C and B2B models in a single platform.
Oracle is looking for bright, motivated developers to implement innovative eCommerce stores based on and showcasing the Oracle Commerce cloud service. Candidates must be focused on developing high quality services for complex business tasks while keeping up to date with the latest technologies in cloud native server and UI development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and supporting eCommerce services for cloud customers. This person will be primarily focused on cloud native server-side technologies, with some opportunity to work with client technologies. Oracle is the home of Java and it is at the core of many of our server-side technologies, but we also make extensive use of other technologies.
You can expect to join a highly supportive team that values hard work, creativity and innovation. If you’re a person who likes to implement solutions for complex requirements and can think outside the box to solve tough problems, we are looking for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects and initiatives across our Commerce Cloud Platform. Responsibilities include:
- Understanding our customers and their needs in driving our service forward.
- Design and development of new and exciting features, with particular emphasis on performance and scalability.
- Helping drive innovation by leading and participating in new initiatives and kickstarting new ideas.
- Participation in all parts of the development lifecycle from coding to deployment to maintenance and operations.
- A minimum of 4 years of industry software engineering experience.
- Experience developing server-side Java for enterprise level applications.
- Excellent software architecture, implementation, and problem solving skills.
- Interest in software development excellence and in delivering solutions to a high quality.
- Knowledge and experience implementing object-oriented design patterns
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of others including developers, UX designers, product managers, technical writers, QA Engineers and technical support personnel
- Familiarity with standard professional software development processes including source code control, unit testing, and code reviews
- Working in an Agile environment.
- Building within a microservices architecture.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration.
Must be legally able to work in UK and the job holder needs to be located in Northern Ireland.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.