The Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to focus on developing core features and enable streaming applications like Netflix, YouTube, BBC on the Roku platform. This will draw on your knowledge of NDK development, DRM and browser technologies, audio video streaming standards, graphics and application performance optimization (focusing on embedded systems).
This engineer will be contributing extensively to our NDK and underlying porting layer development to enable top tier streaming applications on top of Roku OS. Extensive experience with embedded Linux, C++ libraries/frameworks, development of tools, scripting languages as well as the integration of third-party code is a must. A proven track record of shipping high-quality software on an embedded platform is essential.
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, tools, libraries and open source development.
- Familiarity with tools and libraries such as Boost, PlayReady, ALSA, DIAL a plus.
- Experience with memory management and multi-threaded development.
- Experience with Browser technologies like Chromium or Webkit and graphics layers like OpenGL and/or DirectFB
- Knowledge on media streaming, video codecs, containers would be a plus.
- Ideally, embedded and/or consumer electronics experience.
- Ability to accurately estimate software tasks and work to schedule.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.