Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable
fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to
enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving
brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance,
Klarna and many others.
Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments
platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And
it’s not just what we build that makes us different. It’s how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and
do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s
list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and
inclusive teams around the world because that’s how we create even better experiences for our
merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
About the role :
The ideal candidate is passionate and spirited, lives and breathes Agile and firmly believes in
creating clean, testable code.
About the Team Card Processing :
The Card Processing team is responsible for all features related to scheme compliance,
global expansion and third party acquirers. The Card Processing team in essence allows us to
continue to work with the card schemes and third party acquirers which is crucial as we look to
bring on more Tier 1 merchants and provide them with a global payment solution which is one of
our key selling points.
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong Experience with .NET Core
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows TeamCity and Octopus
- Cloud-based application development experience (we use AWS)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
What you will be doing
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests to be automated
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Contribute and adhere to API coding standards, best practices, and procedures
…And the nice to have
- ASP.NET Core experience
- AWS experience beneficial
- Working within a microservices architecture/distributed architecture
- Docker experience
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software’
- Finance/payments experience
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including
the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development
programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online
platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don’t stop at ‘good’ here. We strive for excellence amongst
our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly
peer-nominated Hero awards.
We’re proud of our global connections and inclusive environment.
So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest,
most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud
filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and
debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people
across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with
our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method
Our clients come from all over the world and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving
them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work.
We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know
in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your
experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.