Due to company growth and success a vacancy has arisen for an experienced Senior Software Engineer.
The Senior Software Engineer role will range fromsoftware development, system engineering, technical governance, and mentoring of asoftware design team. The work covers both the Maritime and Land domains.
Senior Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Software design, development and review (from concept to final product) for a rangeof systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processornetworked systems.
- Work with systems and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions,including the definition of software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
- Undertake design activities at both the equipment and system levels
- Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design, integration and leadingto customer acceptance
- Technical governance of a portfolio of projects by acting as Design Authority orindependent reviewer as appropriate.
- Undertake the duties of the Software lead where additional support may be requiredon projects, bids and product development activities.
- Make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions
- Liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolvetechnical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
- Provision of software mentoring across project personnel
- Supporting the research and development of products within the Company, improvingengineering quality, efficiency and cost.
- Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant Design ReviewMeetings
- Support to the business development team and preparation of technical proposalswhen required and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
Senior Software Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of software design and development.
- Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline
- Proficient in a high level programming language, C++, Java, Linux based and someawareness of NetBeans.
- Can evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks across projects for which youwill be directly/indirectly responsible.
- Chartered member of a professional institution or working towards Chartered statuswould be desirable
- Have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regularcommunication to internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers
- Be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfiltheir roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality
- Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and bothinternal and external Stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team
- Innovative and creative thinking
Offering Senior Software Engineers an excellent salary and benefits package NEG DOE