MUST BE U.S. BASED
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
ExamSoft is seeking a talented and driven Senior C++ Software Engineer. This role will be responsible for creating high quality code to support the product roadmap from maintenance to new feature/product development, while working under minimal supervision. The Senior Software Engineer will work within an agile development organization and be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing and implementing software and managing timeline commitments. This person is attentive to detail, driven to problem solve, and adaptive to new technologies and best practices. The Senior Software Engineer must be able to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of members within the organization to achieve roadmap deliverables.
- Work as an integral part of a cross-functional engineering team
- Participate in the technical design and development of new features and products
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality
- Investigate and resolve support issues
- Assist with building automated tests
- Ensure automated builds and continuous deployment are always working
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the product and development processes
- Participate in software development process following Agile/Scrum methodology
- Mentor more junior engineers and help them become more independent
- Take on Architecture and Design assignments by working with the Manager or Architect
- Be able to work independently
- Be vocal and help the team reach consensus in meetings
- Deliver multiple commits where possible each day and be able to context switch effectively
- Interact with the Operations team to increase quality and reduce customer found issues
- 7-10 years of designing and developing applications using C++
- 7-10 years of experience developing applications on Linux, Windows or macOS
- 3+ years of experience with C++ IDE such as Visual Studio or Xcode
- 1+ year of cloud development w/AWS preferred (Azure, Google, Pivotal)
- Experience working in an Agile environment with frequent release cycles
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Ability to plan well and execute with high quality level
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning – We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership – We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each others successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize its unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If youre willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.