Are you interested in putting your software engineering skills to use in a business that is at
the heart of the transition to a cleaner, greener future?
At BloombergNEF (BNEF) our mission is to publish unbiased research and data on markets and
technologies that affect the world's transition to a low-carbon economy. As a Senior Software
Engineer at BNEF you will be contributing to developing tools to help our customers navigate the
BNEF Engineering handles all aspects of BNEF's client management, BNEF's behind-thepaywall
website and mobile app. We recently started to expand our product offering and are growing ou
r engineering teams accordingly. Our objectives for the coming years are to build out BNEF's
presence on Bloomberg's Professional Terminal. Soon portfolio managers will be able to check how
environmentally friendly their holdings are, strategists will be able to develop corporate action
plans to decarbonise their companies, and traders will be able to evaluate how exposed companies
are to climate events.
Our Technology Stack
We develop our backend software in Python (currently versions 3.8 to 3.10) and our UIs in
team owns and contributes to all stages of the SDLC. We take pride in our development environment
and are often at the forefront of implementing new technologies. Our code is well-tested, with
incremental changes being released in an automated, safe and timely manner.
What's in it for you
- You will be working on projects that combine the finance industry with fast paced subject
matters like renewable energy, electric vehicles and advanced materials.
- The team's software has been architected over the last four years, so there is little to no
legacy code. With our new product direction, you can look forward to developing new software.
- Fortnightly innovation days will give you the time to work on projects you are passionate
about, whether that is keeping the technology stack clean or building creative new product
- Access to BNEF's summits and an annual training week attended by our colleagues from all ove
r the world.
- You will be working in a supportive and collaborative environment where developers are
encouraged to participate equally in discussions.
You will need to have
- A self-motivated, proactive attitude to problem solving.
- A solid experience working with Python in a Linux environment.
- We work closely with other engineering teams in Bloomberg and with partners in the business,
analyst and sales teams. As such, you will need to have good communication skills. We'd love to
- Prior knowledge or experience with an ETL system (Extract, Transform and Load).
- Experience of working with relational databases.
- Experience of working with large datasets
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic
predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion o
r belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental o
r caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected
veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable
adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this
confidentially, please email [email protected] / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.