Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Gemini Investment Solutions
BITRIA, under Gemini Investment Solutions, is one of the fastest growing teams at Gemini. As one of the newly acquired companies under the Gemini umbrella, we serve as a platform for the institutional investing side of the business and are addressing a multi-trillion dollar market opportunity. Our core team are positioned to play a critical role in Geminis mission with best-in-class technology solutions and investment products.
We are a dynamic group with both entrepreneurial spirit as well as enterprise experience. We have incredibly high aspirations for 2022 and beyond – to build a rocket ship on a rocket ship – and we are looking for like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds (technology, financial services, fintech, SaaS) who want to carve new paths and guide the transition from the traditional world to a new more decentralized world where access to digital assets is normalized and ubiquitous.
If you fit this mindset and either work with digital assets today or are looking for the right entry point to transition into the space, GIS is a fantastic place to start.
The Role: Senior Software Engineer
Were growing rapidly and are looking for you to work on Bitrias backend systems! Youll be creating new technologies bringing digital assets and securities into the traditional finance world. We are the bridge and create amazing products in the Digital Asset Institutional Wealth Management space.
- You will help refactor and maintain our core systems to prepare them to scale.
- Design and implement architecture that builds on top of our existing system and enables the Bitria platform to adapt and grow.
- Understand our core business objectives, then ideate and implement new features that will help us achieve our exciting goals to grow our customer base.
- Troubleshoot technical issues by leveraging your deep understanding of the systems and experience with technologies we leverage.
- Interface with other team members to build the critical portions of the app
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer, working on Python (Django/Celery) apps at scale.
- You can write secure code that works quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A customer-focused and product-focused mindset. Youre interested in using the right tool for the job and you understand, and can speak to, the Why behind your choices.
- You can operate independently, be detail oriented, and deliver results in an organized manner
- Ability to drive end-to-end features and lead projects autonomously
- An interest in and general understanding of wealth management and fintech products including trading and rebalance products.
- Experience working with Python, Django, Celery
- Experience building REST APIs and/or gRPC APIs
- Distributed systems and workflows
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.