About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Big Data Engineer in the role of a Big Data Tooling & API Development Software Engineer within its Risk Model Development and Forecasting platform technology team.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Within EFT the Corporate Risk Technology (CRT) group helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Calculation Services group in Corporate Risk Technology is seeking a Senior Big Data Engineer (Sr. Specialty Software Engineer) to work on building and supporting the Python Platform and SDK that runs the qualitative and quantitative risk models for multiple lines of business. The position will offer the opportunity to work on the latest open-stack technologies in Big Data / Python universe.
We make extensive us of use Spark, Rest API's, Django, Django DRF, React JS to develop and maintain an extensive SDK and Framework to enable self-service development, deployment, and end to end Batch and Real time Forecasting solutions available to our business. While we focus on integrating with Open-Source Apache and Linux Foundation AI & Data products, we also integrate with the latest commercial solutions like AtScale, Dremio, H2O.AI, Tableau and more through an API first integration strategy.
- Standing up cutting-edge analytical capabilities, leveraging automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data and models, and drive operational efficiency by offering continuous insights and improvements.
- Help in design and implementation of algorithms and tools for analytics and data scientist teams.
- Use a variety of languages, tools, and frameworks to marry data and systems together.
- Collaborate with modelers, developers, DevOps, and project managers on meeting project goals.
- Strong understanding of Python code CI/CD deployment and test automation suites.
- Drive a culture of automation, test coverage and architect for Micro Services, API, Cloud Native and Headless Architecture – Decoupling the front ends and backend of the technology stack.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of RESTful API design and development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka, and Map
- 2+ years of experience with building, deploying, and securing cloud platforms
- 2+ years of configuration experience with Cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or MS Azure
- Strong in data science python libraries like NumPy, Pandas, SciPy.
- Solid understanding of distributed computing.
- Strong skills in big data, PySpark, HDFS and distributed computing.
- Experience in creating APIs using python, preferably Django and DRF.
- Design and build reusable solutions to in data work stream of model development life cycle.
- Prior banking domain skills and depth knowledge in risk & finance forecasting domain
- 1+ year of Oracle experience
- 2+ years of experience with H2O software or Keras with TensorFlow
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience
- A Master's degree or higher in computer science or finance
- A professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- Should have leadership skills to drive work stream from technical aspects
- Should have command knowledge on story estimations, design reviews, code reviews, quality code delivery
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.