About The Opportunity
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer/Architect who is capable of making significant contributions throughout the software development lifecycle. As a hands on developer for one or more of the company’s core software products, the ideal candidate will participate in all tasks related to requirement gathering, risk analysis, unit testing, and software implementation in addition to providing leadership and guide the team on any number of concurrent indicatives.
- This position requires experience in desktop and commercial web application development in n-tiered environments using .NET/.NET Core, SQL, and IIS.
- Candidate must be willing to learn new technologies and make recommendations for future product development, security, delivery and scalability.
- In addition to technical proficiency, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, as this person will work in a highly collaborative environment on one of company’s largest Development Teams. This role will interact with many teams throughout the organization and participate in continual investigation of process improvement strategies.
- This position will work effectively in a Scrum environment. Candidate must be proficient in C# .NET development of Windows Desktop and Web applications and adopt agile development methodologies and heuristics. Candidate must have a well-rounded software development background including being well versed in quality assurance along with application design and development. Candidate must be equally satisfied working on business-critical legacy application code/problems as with ground up developments.
- Candidate must have a demonstrated history of developing an understanding of the problem space, assessing risks, overcoming and removing impediments, working with and motivating peers and team members, and getting things done. Achieving/maximizing simplicity though design and refactoring will also be skills the team is looking for. Candidate must have a positive ‘can do’ personality; and be comfortable working in a peer-based team where opportunities to provide leadership and support are both common and shared across multiple team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math; though other Engineering discipline or equivalent years of professional experience may suffice. An advance degree would be ideal.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Able to adapt and change development methodology as needed.
- Exceptional communication, listening and negotiating skills
- Strong CS Fundamentals (OOP, Data Structure, Algorithms, etc.)
- Experience with use of source repositories; especially GIT
- Able and motivated to foster and drive a Scrum Team environment; providing
- Leadership where possible but also encouraging others to maximize their contributions
- Ability to work successfully in both a collaborate environment, as well as independently
- Able to write understandable user stories and acceptance tests
- Willingness to learn new skills/methodologies.
- Technical skills utilized are extensive, and listed in the attached document
- Working conditions include normal office environment with heavy computer use. Candidate must be able to sit for long periods at a time. Some extended hours or weekend work may be required at times.
About Sayva: Sayva Solutions is an accounting, finance, and technology professional services firm whose focus is on long term relationships created through teamwork and doing what is in the best interest of others. By working with Sayva to identify your next career move, you will get the benefit of working with an experienced team who not only has a strong network of trusted clients, but expertise in the markets, and functions, we serve. We can provide insight on what your market value is, what companies have to offer, and what opportunities align best with your professional and personal goals. We are your trusted advisor throughout your search process and can help ensure you are prepared for interviews, have the information to make the best decisions, and receive a strong offer to land you that perfect job. Making a career move is not easy and can be stressful; Sayva can be your partner in making the process smooth, transparent, and rewarding.