A leader in the Financial Industry for Innovation, we continue to look toward new technology to drive our high performance, real-time systems to perform better, with the highest uptime available, and a strong focus on our clients.
Data rates in the financial industry continue to climb, with an expectation that the latency continues to improve. This complex set of requirements requires the best in innovation for handling both real-time data feeds already in the market place, and for our clients who wish to contribute directly to our financial systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll join our Realtime Platform and Modernisation team. You will get the opportunity to lead architecture and design, software engineering, testing, and maintenance strategies for these high performing systems. You will help to set direction by working with proposition leaders and product owners to identify requirements, explore the technology we need to deliver on these, and to schedule project plans that meet delivery. The role will be based in Nottingham, UK.
The right Senior Software Engineer is someone who has excellent leadership and technical skills and is excited about working on complex and mission critical systems. This position requires that the candidate be flexible, proficient at multitasking, able to balance client issue investigations with day-to-day development work, and comfortable working in a global setting and collaborating with global teams.
If you're looking for a new challenge where you can stretch and develop your technical skills, this could be the opportunity for you. We'd love to hear from you!
- Work with Product teams to build and analyze requirements
- Work with development teams that are comfortable employing Agile methods of work
- Design, development, and testing of software solutions
- Plan and schedule project delivery within agreed timeframes
- Ensure proper documentation and provide regular updates to stakeholders
- Participate in regular peer reviews
- Provide third level support to issues raised by clients
- Collaborate with development, product management and client support teams on a global scale
- Engage in continued learning and look for opportunities to use emerging technology to enhance solutions
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working experience in software development projects on Linux and Windows environment
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles and object-oriented design
- Java / C# (not essential)
- Basic understanding of Oracle
- Workflow Orchestration Tools and Applications
- Adept at software design
- Familiar with Cloud Technology
- Ability to work as a team, flexible, proactive, well organized
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including high attention to details
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.