Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Can you think strategically and ‘join the dots’ across multiple activities to build the bigger picture? Do you enjoy working at pace, identifying new and improved ways of doing things and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders? Are you passionate to learn and develop new softwares and make a difference to how our client operates?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for Senior Software Developers to join our client’s team. As a Software Engineer, you will join one of our clients small, fast-paced, agile delivery teams; using agile methodology and DevOps techniques to build backend systems, data processing pipelines, and progressive web apps for customers in the UK Government and Defence sector.
Software Engineering at our client’s organisation consists of a wide range of responsibilities, the list below gives a flavour of some of the tasks you may be asked to undertake.
* Implementing software solutions including design, development, and testing.
* Use a wide range of technologies, specialising in the use of open-source libraries and components.
* Use tools such as GitLab to build continuous integration pipelines, which help monitor and ensure software quality and security.
* Deploy software systems to a mixture of environments including public (AWS and Azure) and private cloud.
Full Software Lifecycle involvement:
* Project concept formalisation
* Requirement’s analysis and specification
* Software architecture design
* Software implementation and delivery
* Software training and support
* Software lifecycle and maintenance
Our clients Software Engineers enjoy working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects, so they want their team to have a proactive and can-do attitude to their work. They pride on keeping up with emerging technologies and delivery best-practice, so it is important that you enjoy learning and continuous improvement.
You will ideally have exposure to.
* Contemporary software engineering including selection and application of appropriate technology and patterns.
* Confidence developing full-stack solutions as a polyglot developer/engineer.
* DevOps and the techniques which enable it – including virtualisation, containerisation, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and infrastructure as code.
* Working with high-level stakeholders – both internally and externally.
* Working in agile environments using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
The Software Engineer role is an excellent opportunity, and our client reward their staff well with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package which includes:
* Flexitime: 37.5 hour weeks to structure however you want with working from home available
* Learning: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
* Social: Fantastic culture with monthly social events
* Future You: Matched pension and health care package
Our client understands the importance of getting to know your colleagues. Whole company meetings are held every quarter, and a training/work brief weekend is held once a year, amongst many other social events.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. They embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation religion, belief, or age