Senior Software Engineer – Manchester
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technology and self-motivated to find innovative solutions to complex challenges as part of a team?
As a key member of a Software Engineering team, you'll be working with our customers to develop solutions that support their core mission capabilities. You'll work as part of empowered, autonomous DevOps teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently understand, design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services. You'll be encouraged to identify new ways of solving problems and get to work in a range of different teams across our customer organisations. You will work in a small team given as much ownership and responsibility as you have the appetite for but part of a much bigger Engineering community to give you the support you need to grow in your career.
We fully embrace DevOps ways of working in our teams, and build a very broad range of capabilities for our customers. We therefore value Engineers who enjoy playing a role in the full delivery lifecycle and are flexible to learn and pick up new technologies and approaches. You'll be playing a role in identifying the right technologies to use for the job and be supported with training as needed through access to services such as Pluralsight.
You will have experience in many of the following:
- Collaboratively designing and building Proof of Concept or Production systems
- Source controlling your code with Version Control Systems, for example Git, Mercurial, Perforce
- Utilising CI/CD tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bitbucket, in order to streamline delivery of new features and fixes
- Continual testing of code using Automated Testing Frameworks
- Ensuring code consistency and quality by utilising static code analysis tools e.g. SonarQube
- Team working inside an agile environment e.g. Scrum, Lean, Kanban
- Common software design patterns
- Using precedent and your own creativity to solve our client's challenges!
It would be great if you also had experience in some of these, but if not we'll help you with them
- Machine Learning software e.g. Amazon and Azure machine learning, or Google's TensorFlow
- Deploying and managing in Cloud Computing such as AWS, MS Azure
- Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Relational, document, or graph database systems
- Software configuration and deployment e.g. Ansible
Software Engineer Benefits
- Market leading salaries; we stay ahead of the curve to ensure our package is always competitive
- Work-life balance is important; you can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working, and many of our roles include hybrid working enabling a mix of working from home and in the office
- You'll get 25 days holiday a year and the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You'll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career
- You'll be part of our company bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.