Senior Software Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As an Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute significantly to technology and product development projects by identifying and implementing innovative solutions. In this role, you will use your technical knowledge to oversee development tasks and to contribute to strategic technology plans and the project portfolio.
This position reports to
Analytical R&D Manager
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code for Embedded systems
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Working with distributed team and finish tasks on time with high quality
- Maintain existing software and test infrastructure. Develop software components and drivers for embedded systems
- Collaborate well with R&D teams, to deliver the Product releases on time, with good quality
- Align with assigned lead (time, cost, quality) and complete project deliverables
- Demonstrate sound understanding and usages of R&D processes and tools
- Bachelor’s degree / master’s degree in a relevant technical education like computer science, control technology, or electronics engineering
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in embedded systems
- Experience and understanding of embedded real-time development, preferably in a Linux environment
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience working with development tools such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, Mercurial, Jenkins, UML
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid