Our client is an innovative manufacturing medical device for drug delivery applications. The company is UK based and looking to expand its team with a Senior Software Engineer to be based in Oxford, UK.
- Contribute to the device software design and development process.
- Design appropriate software modules that fit into the overall application architecture.
- Provide technical leadership to team members to complete these module designs.
- Ensure proper documentation is carried out and communication is made with all team members and the Software Lead.
- Engage in code review to ensure that software is completed according to regulated software standards (e.g. IEC 62304).
- Provide unit and integration testing of the developed software using industry–standard tools.
- Formulate test cases and test plans to support software validation.
- A BSc degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent (MSc/MPhil desired).
- At least 5 years of experience in software development in an industry setting.
- Experience in writing software to validate standards (essential, medical device or automotive regulatory experience desired).
- Experience in working effectively in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Unit and integration/regression testing experience.
- Proficiency in industry-standard software design, development and documentation tools incl. JIRA, Confluence, Git/Gerrit, Jenkins.
- Ability to work independently on projects and provide technical management of small teams of developers.