About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
‘ Secure Application Development
‘ Design, develop and maintain solutions that integrate cyber intelligence, malware forensics, and internal security logs so that advanced threats can be detected
‘ Build and maintain high-quality, high-performance, scalable software
‘ Engineer Data Processing Flows, languages and standards
‘ Produce Functional System Design Documents
‘ Collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
‘ Document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams and code comments
‘ Debug and document existing systems through code analysis
‘ DevOps development lifecycle using Agile framework
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of Java experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Mongo DB or Oracle
- 1+ years Meteor and React Experience
- 3+ years of source or version control tools experience
- 3+ years of Linux OS development experience
- Design / Development of UX/UI for analytical data and dashboard reporting
- Developing Windows Services, Web Services, Restful Services and/or WCF Services from scratch
- Hadoop Experience
- Python Experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud experience
- A BS/BA degree or relevant military experience in information technology
- Agile Development Experience
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.