Hub Group offers comprehensive transportation and logistics management solutions. Keeping our customers’ needs in focus, Hub Group designs, continually optimizes, and applies industry-leading technology to our customers’ supply chains for better service, greater efficiency, and total visibility. As an award-winning, publicly traded company (Nasdaq: HUBG) with nearly $5 billion in revenue, our 6,000 employees across North America are always in pursuit of ‘The Way Ahead’ a commitment to service, integrity and innovation. For more information, visit hubgroup.com.
Hub Group is looking to hire full-stack developer to design and build the next generation web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a modern web/mobile development stack (Node.js, Express, AngularJS, NoSQL Database) and cloud-based services. The candidate will be responsible for the overall web application framework, development tools, user experience, deployment and testing strategy. The candidate will work closely with project stakeholders to gather requirements and understand their needs, conceptualize, as well as facilitate discussions and design sessions to create innovative and user friendly products. The preferred candidate should have past experience designing user experiences for business or web applications, an excellent understanding of UX strategies and principles, and strong communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and build core frameworks on Node.JS, shared services, NPM packages, and RESTful APIs
- Translates complex requirements into an easy to understand user experience by following the user-centered design process
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies.
- Have the ability to create prototypes and wireframes.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex, high performance, and adaptive web applications.
- Consistently follow and continue to help improve our processes including source control, deployment and issue tracking
- Work collaboratively with engineers, stakeholders, executives, and end-users to bring the concepts to life
- Build scalable solutions to improve the user experience
- Document and build unit tests for the code.
- Document and follow best design and development practices
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high quality code
- Integrate internal as well as third-party web services and components
- Identify and assist in mitigating project risks: technical, schedule and otherwise
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged in various product implementations
- Work with stakeholders during the requirement gathering and acceptance testing process
- Other duties as directed by management
- BS/MS in computer science/engineering, or relevant engineering discipline/experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in building customer facing cloud-based solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in product development using NodeJS (a must)
- 3+ years of experience with AngularJS, MEAN stack and other frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with NoSQL Database
- Knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns and core java coding principles
- Experience developing web applications (Spring MVC, RESTful, JAX-WS, Web Services)
- Experience with PhoneGap / Cordova is a plus
- Experience using D3JS or similar data visualization too
- Solid understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON.
- Experience using Bootstrap or similar responsive framework
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with a team while also managing individual projects
- Familiar with development tools such as cross-compilation, source revision control (GIT), bug tracking (JIRA), and JTAG debuggers.
- Experience using build tools like Grunt or Gulp
- Exposure to relational databases is a plus
- Evaluate and advocate the use of various Open Source technologies and third party solutions
- Proficient in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects
- Able to work in a projects-based, team environment
- Goal driven, highly motivated, with a desire to take the lead
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills