Your main responsibilities as a Senior Software Engineer will involve:
- Analysing software requirements, creating software design updates to support software implementation, and ensuring that the overall system will behave according to its requirements
- Writing software according to coding standards and maintaining existing software by investigating issues and identifying pragmatic solutions
- Writing software test schedules and running them to test the system, demonstrating compliance with the requirements
- Documenting appropriate information, so that others can understand the software and the system.
- Contributing to process improvement within the team to ensure that the team always looks to improve how it works
- Liaising with other team members, teams and customers to ensure key information is understood
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience with programming frameworks such as Ada, C++, C# or .net
- Extensive experience working in Software Development
- Experience of Structured Software Design, using formal methods
- Experience Software Integration & Testing
- Experience working on military based systems
- Knowledge of COTS technologies e.g. Windows, VMWare
- Experience maintaining a delivered product and providing support to the end user and customer
- Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution.
- Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
What we are looking for in you:
You will be a proactive and motivated individual who will be able to be productive alone and as part of a team, whilst also being able to adapt to setbacks along the way. You will also have good problem analysis and solution identification skills. The ability to work to agreed budgets and timescales would also be beneficial to this role.
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work