Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders, and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget; it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Please make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
The Frontend Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership and hands-on contributions towards a global team of Engineers to deliver relevant, timely, and insightful information to the business. You will be responsible for developing code and configuring software that builds fantastic APIs for our clinical customers.
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- Solid understanding of core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Solid understanding of UIUX design and use of tools like Figma
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Embrace agile culture with the ability to work on quick turnaround projects
- Embrace the DevOps mentality by building solutions designed for availability and scalability in an iterative manner
- Ensure all code adheres to development & security standards Requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in writing SQL queries
- 5+ years of experience using Git
- Experience writing APIs in Java or python
- Knowledge and experience in building web services and use and creation of APIs using Spring Framework
- Experience writing automated unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests
- Experience in CICD like Jenkins and managing multiple K8s environments
- Experience with Java, Spring frameworks, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Solid expertise in Java-based frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Excellent Understanding of frontend optimization
- Responsible for the development and integration of new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.