Winnersh, United Kingdom
Collins Aerospace is seeking a new in career Software Engineer to join our Winnersh based engineering team. This exciting opportunity will give you the opportunity to expand your experience on a wide variety of projects ranging from Multi Domain Integration solutions to Unmanned Air Systems. Based at our modern, superbly equipped Winnersh facility, we offer an excellent package including Flexible and Hybrid working to balance business needs with personal preference.
- Report to the Engineering Manager, and cooperating with Business Development and Program Management to deliver agreed solution capabilities
- Supporting the Collins Aerospace Mission Systems strategies
- Work with Systems Engineers to understand and develop software related requirements
- Working as a team across the breadth of Collins, bringing together multiple technologies, to define cost effective and technically complaint solutions
- Using modelling and simulation to provide early design risk reduction
- Communicate design to stakeholders
- Develop software in line with coding practices
- Develop and execute Unit Test for code modules
- As team develop test plans, cases and procedures to build evidence of a successfully developed solution
- Assist in the development of work estimates
- Working on projects delivering:
- Multi Domain Integration solutions, bringing information from differing military environments together
- Tactical Data Link solutions
- Autonomy solutions, for UAS
- Working with the Engineering Manager to identify your career path and development plan, allowing Collins to invest in your future
- This role offers a unique opportunity to grow a career through a breadth of domains, along with exposure to the full development lifecycle
- Collins is committed to growing individual's development, offering a broad spectrum of career paths.
- Degree relevant technical degree, or equivalent Apprenticeship
- Experience with Angular, Python, C++/# development
- Demonstrate competence of Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to gain UK Government Security Clearance
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Manage own time to achieve agreed milestones
- Occasional travel to customer sites, both domestically and internationally
- 1-2 years in industry working in a relevant environment
- Model Based Systems Engineering – including UML, or equivalent
- DevOps and DevSecOps
- Cloud deployment and containerisation
- Database and interface development
- User Interface development
- Optional experience in:
- Tactical Data Links
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions – whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success
We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee selectable top up benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Corporate Healthcare
- 25 days vacation
- Flexible working
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our 'Baseline Security' requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms