Do you enjoy solving problems using C++? Are you interested in how computers work? Apply now to stimulate your brain in a supportive and innovative company!
We enable an ecosystem of developers to write software years before their target hardware exists. Arm is looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers to join us, modelling Arm’s next generation architectures and devices. We create models of innovative Arm technologies that will power future systems wherever computing happens, from embedded to supercomputers. We are a large team, with diverse career paths and opportunities for you to grow. As one of the first consumers of new architectures, you will influence the success of an industry and develop models that are vital to many of Arm’s development flows and those of our customers.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Experience implementing maintainable, performant, professional code in Modern C++
- An interest in learning more about Arm System IP and getting involved in their development
- Familiarity with computer architecture concepts
- A good university degree in an engineering, scientific or mathematical field or equivalent experience
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving
- An affinity for the Arm Values, including a desire to help everyone deliver as a team and a passion for innovation and continuous improvement
What will make you stand out
- Working knowledge or experience with any Arm System IP or other similar IP such as Interrupt Controllers, DMAs, Interconnects, Memory Controllers and/or Host Controllers
- Hands-on experience as an embedded C++ software engineer and looking for a career in IP modelling
- Very good understanding of hardware and software architectures of a system-on-chip (SoC)
- Experience providing leadership to other engineers
- Experience of cross-platform development for Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of modelling technologies, such as SystemC or gem5
You will develop and maintain efficient C++ models of Arm System IP, as well as work with other Arm teams to help them use our models within their workflows. You will be a member of an Agile team with a wide range of experience and knowledge. Our engineers have access to excellent compute hardware and are supported by a dedicated DevOps team. As our models are used in an ever increasing number of ways, we often have new opportunities for people to develop into technical or organisational leadership roles.
We value diversity in Arm – we will fit around your life to enable you contribute to our success.
- This role can be full time or part-time
- We have flexible working hours for all and a progressive leave policy which can accommodate the unexpected
- Our new offices are amazing places to collaborate, but now we've mastered working from home, that will remain an option for part of the week
We are currently hiring multiple software engineers into this group and have some scope to adapt the role and job title to the right person.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.