You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform team is part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence – combining product, process, and engineering skillsets into a single organization to improve speed to market and increase the value of the products and services for American Express' customers. Our team enables many of the key product features used by our Cardmembers every day, such as earning & redeeming their points, accessing lounges & receiving the benefits from elite hotel and airline guest status.
Aligning to AXP's framework for winning; we are striving to create the world's best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionate & productive software product, engineering, and delivery talent. We are on the leading edge for the company using agile practices and the incorporating some of the latest technologies to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications.
We are looking for a high performing and enthusiastic Senior Java Engineer to join our Channel Redemptions space in Loyalty at American Express in Burgess Hill. In this role, you will partner closely with our product owners within collaborative scrum teams, in an environment that values interesting technical challenges, using best practice design approaches.
- Writes clean, tested, and monitored scalable code
- Analyse business features and user stories and refine with the Product Owner to appropriately support design and build activities.
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including writing new code, and creating API's, conducting code reviews
- Works with Quality Engineers to ensure automated test scripts are incorporated for new features
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Significant software engineering experience in Java8 and above, Spring Boot, Rest APIs, Kafka
- Experience in design and development of Micro services
- Good understanding of TDD and BDD frameworks
- Experience in continuous delivery & continuous delivery methods
- Substantial experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational/No SQL databases
- Good collaboration and communication skills and enthusiastic
- Willingness to learn and work on new technologies
- Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers
- Experience with Event Driven and Reactive Programming is a plus
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org