Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will play an important role in supporting key strategic initiatives for our Advanced Analytics and Digital Products business component. Designing and developing technical solutions you will work in close collaboration with our Product and Governance teams, testing out new ideas and helping bring them to market.
- Work as a Full Stack Engineer to design, code, build and test software solutions in DevOps scrum environment
- Lead team efforts to achieve timely resolution to all production issues
- Apply design patterns to best practices to software development
- Rapid prototyping within an Agile methodology
- Contributing to the applications’ technology stack and driving progressive solutions to complex problems
- Working with technical and strategic product to create world class products
- Implementing complex code based on guidance provided by lead engineer on initiative(s).
- Pro-actively identifies and addresses security gaps in solution design and delivery
- Experience with .NET
- Experience developing/operating with a commercial cloud environment, preferably MS Azure
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with microservice containerization and orchestration
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Microsoft .NET technology stack: C# / .NET, .NET Core, Web APIs
- Development Operations: Working knowledge of code management tools such as Git, agile management tools, i.e. Jira/Rally, CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Automated Testing: Unit test development, Integration test development
- Agile & Software Development Best Practices including code scanning and remediation
- Passionate about writing concise, well tested and robust code
- Degree in computer science
- Experience working in a MHRA regulated environment
- Experience with IAAS/PAAS services; together with delivery of Infrastructure-as-code using Terraform/ARM/ Ansible
- Experience with testing frameworks
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.