If you’re truly passionate about coding and making people’s lives easier through the software you build, it would be great to hear from you as we’re all about building products users will love. This role offers a broad scope to work with leading technology business such as Google, Facebook and TheTradeDesk to help test and integrate their products into our digital activation.
With multiple product pipelines running concurrently the ability to prioritise tasks across multiple projects to meet deadlines are important, as important as regular communication and updates. If you have a logical approach to problem solving, an eye for detail (can spot the missing semi colon or tab indent) and used to getting the job done you’ll slot nicely into the team.
The team’s made up to Full Stack engineers, automation scripting specialists and product experts, and while we all have varying skill sets, there’s a common thread in that we love technology, software and making people’s life easier.
Our Software Engineering role will give you exposure to some of the latest cloud tech, platforms and APIs, we just need you to bring fresh ideas, opinions and passion as we look to expand and evolve within the digital cloud for marketing landscape.
Some of your current skills will include:
- Full Stack software development
- Experience working with VueJS/Python or similar
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS/Google Cloud
- Command line exposure
- Advanced relational databases, MySQL/ PostgreSQL or similar
- Experience with Docker & containerization or similar technology
- Working with scalable applications
- APIs especially RESTful
If you have these great… if not, we can teach you:
- Frameworks: FastAPI / Django / Flask
- Package Manager: NPM, Yarn
- Approaches: 3 tier application design including Micro Services
- Exposure to Search, Social or programmatic platform APIs including Meta (Facebook & Instagram) & Google
- Other: Knowledge of pixel deployment for measurement and data extraction.
- Interest in new technologies.
- Relevant qualifications for the role degree or further qualification covering subject areas such as Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Day to day
- Building web applications for a large user base with complex business logic
- Working closely with external partners – including Facebook, Google to plan and trouble shoot our products
- Taking part in daily scrum/stand-ups
- Assisting other more junior team members build components, fix bugs and upskill
- Writing unit tests
- Problem solving both technical and non-technical issues
- Working closely with users to help build products that are engaging and easy to use
- Providing training where appropriate
What you can expect
‘ Flexible working
‘ 27 days holiday + Bank holidays and option to buy or sell
‘ Full range of benefits including Bupa, Pension Life assurance, Eyecare, Gym membership
‘ Subsidised food and drink in our 7th floor canteen
At OMG, our vision is to be an agency where difference is valued and everyone is able to thrive in a culture of equality, inclusion and belonging. We are committed to providing a truly inclusive environment that reflects today’s society, where everyone is able to bring their true selves to work, and where diverse voices and backgrounds are valued, heard, and well-represented.
Be Your Best Statement
We want everyone to make the most of the opportunity to shine and showcase your talents and we are happy to make adjustments in the recruitment process so you can be your best. Please discuss any specific requirements with your dedicated Talent Attraction team member or if you would feel more comfortable, you can email us confidentially at email@example.com to let us know how we can support you.
We will process your personal data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice which is available on www.omgukcareers.com
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.