Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
We are a new and exciting technology-led e-commerce fulfilment company, focused on helping online sellers grow their business by providing global fulfilment.
Our team at Huboo is growing, and this exciting opportunity could be just what you are after for your next challenge! As Senior Software Engineer, you will lead a small team and will be working in a frequently evolving agile environment working to help Huboo scale as a global business. You will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, leading your teams to analyse, design, develop test and deploy software.
You will be joining an energetic and dynamic team in our offices in central Bristol. We are looking for someone with lots of enthusiasm with a desire to learn and succeed, a focused mind and a Can Do attitude.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer:
- The purpose of the Senior Software Engineer role is to be a key player in the design, build and maintenance of critical business systems within Huboo.
- The Senior Software Engineer will work within an agile, team-based environment to develop bespoke solutions for the Fulfilment sector.
- The Senior Software Engineer will be required to debug existing systems, diagnose problems, offer, and implement solutions. The Senior Software Engineer should also be comfortable refactoring applications and, with tens of thousands of transactions per month, always striving to improve quality and throughput.
- The Senior Software Engineer will be designing and building best in class products that drive the business forward and support the long-term goals of the business.
- The Senior Software Engineer is expected to improve the performance of those around them. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to mentor and support other members of their team.
- The Senior Software Engineer should be able to tackle more complicated technical problems and explain and justify their approaches to the team. The Senior Software Engineer will require very little oversight beyond high level direction.
- The Senior Software Engineer will be an advocate for the technology choices and roadmap of Huboo and will be an active participant in community events, both as a speaker and an attendee.
Main focus areas for the Senior Software Engineer:
- Produce well-designed, clean, testable, scalable, and efficient code based on specifications
- Ability to design and build solutions at a module, application, or service level
- Write and maintain high-quality automated unit and integration tests
- Work with other engineers to develop & maintain systems
- Troubleshoot existing functionality
- Ability to work across multiple projects & products effectively
- Support quality assurance engineers on testing and improving quality of code and releases
- Lead & contribute to technical problem-solving discussions with the team
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Implement common design patterns and standard engineering practices
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant
- Build and adhered to version control workflows
- Review security implications of work performed by self and teams
- Use and implement CI/CD principles
- Implement metrics and monitoring to support data driven decisions
- Perform Peer Reviews and provide feedback to engineers
- Present work to Product Owners, Team Leads and other stakeholders
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of the domain
Role specific capabilities and behaviours for the Senior Software Engineer:
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal situations
- Ability to collaborate with other teams, team members and functions
- Confident in performing difficult conversations and providing effective feedback to employees
- Ability to influence people within organisation and teams
- Ability to work through problems in a logical and consistent way
- Ability to convey analysis to other stakeholders and interested parties
- Ability to support and mentor others in performing analysis and problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions
- Ability to escalate where necessary and understand business impact
- Ability to delegate and support team members in decision making process
- Ability to inspire others
- Ability to lead by example
- Ability to keep and present a positive mindset
- Ability to build and maintain trust
Languages required: English
Travel required as part of role: No
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Direct reports: No
What we look for in a Senior Software Engineer
Extensive experience in the following technical areas:
- C# .NET
- Designing and building serverless cloud applications using a major cloud provider (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Implementing asynchronous and event-driven architectures
- Working as part of an agile delivery team
Desirable, but not essential:
- Knowledge or experience with PHP Laravel, Vuejs, Node.js
What do we offer for our Senior Software Engineer:
- Salary: Competitive
- 25 days paid holiday plus standard Bank Holidays
- Monday Friday 37.5 hours
- Company share scheme
- Free car parking
- Pension scheme
- Company life assurance
- Company health care scheme
- Training allowance
- Conference allowance
- Desk allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox rewards
- Opportunity for tickets for Bristol Sports, Bath Rugby and West Ham
- Welcome pack including company merchandise
- Casual dress
- Regular company social events
- Free hot drinks and fresh fruit/healthy snacks
- Huboo Radio our very own radio station!
Huboos skills and our Values applicable for our Senior Software Engineer:
Integrity: Fairness is really important at Huboo. We speak with clarity, honesty, frankness and transparency to our customers, to our partners and to our colleagues. We do what we say we will.
Ambition: We make bold decisions with a focus on growing the business and striving to be leaders in our field. We show up to be our best for our customers and each other. We all share in the success of Huboo.
Focus: We are wholeheartedly committed to our mission and our customers. We arent robots but human beings with a single-minded determination to deliver to exceptional standards.
Solidarity: Our business only works because of the strong relationships we build with those around us. We are friendly, approachable and human in everything we do. We are one team, we work together to build the business and support our customers.
Founded in 2017, Huboo was created by e-commerce sellers for e-commerce sellers. Martin Bysh (CEO) and Paul Dodd (CTO) found that the demands and struggles that came with picking, packing, and shipping their products was becoming impossible. They considered outsourcing their fulfilment but could not find a company that allowed them to remain in the driving seat of their growing business.
Paul and Martin soon created Huboos unique Hub Model.
Huboo was then founded. Huboo is not like any normal fulfilment warehouse, we have a specific Hub Model, which allows our Hub Managers to take ownership of their Hubs and be the point of contact for our clients. They are not only pickers and packers but are also account managers too. Huboo work with client selling through eBay, Amazon, and other channels. We are the fastest growing e-commerce fulfilment company in the UK and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our exciting journey!
If you feel you have the right skills to join the team at Huboo as our Senior Software Engineer, then apply straight away for this great opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time