About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join Consumer Technology group in our Technology Organization.
In this role, you will:
- Apply Wells Fargo Digital API Strategy coding practices to test-drive the creation of Experience APIs with Java, JEE, JUnit, Spring, Restful services and Karate BDD.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for APIs using Agile development practices.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies, and recommend innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of JavaEE experience
- 4+ years of SPRING frame work experience
- 4+ years of SOAP or REST Web Services experience
- 2+ years of RESTFul API experience
- 2+ years of experience in RDBMS or NoSQL database
- 4+ years of TDD or BDD testing experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of RDBMS experience
- 2+ years of NoSQL or in-memory data base experience like MangoDB and REDIS
- Exposure to cloud platform like Azure or GCP
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.