FI NF & IWS Systems is an analysis, software development and production support chapter area within FI Technology. We have a steadfast dedication to our clients supporting distributed and mainframe applications across 10 different product areas! Key applications include Intermediary Billing, Transmissions, WealthScape services, Cash Management, Retirement, Generic Rules Engine (GRE), Managed-Accounts and Client Implementations.
This role is to support the C&M Production Excellence squad.u00A0 The person onboarding to this squad will supply to a team located in the US and India that is responsible for production stability, incident analysis and resolution, coding changes, TLM and Infrastructure with an emphasis on modernization.u00A0 u00A0There is a wide range of applications and technologies supported by this squad including mainframe, distributed and Cloud that span all architecture tiers.u00A0 The ideal candidate will have solid experience with mainframe applications and tools along with a desire to learn Cloud technologies. u00A0
As a member of this squad, the person will be responsible for the following set of activities daily:
- Dedicated to complete assigned work along with technical and functional analysis
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Provide daily support and triage of production issues and research items
- Code software changes associated with defects, performance improvements and modernization
- Actively support and perform all phases of testing leading to implementation and automation
- Modernize capabilities of current applications to Cloud technology meeting Fidelity standards
- Maintain application end of life tech stack and upgrades (TLM and obsolescence)
- Attend agile daily standup meetings and ceremonies along with maintaining assigned Jira tasks
- Partnership oriented working within a squad across shores and regions
- Supply to comprehensive documentation for applications and knowledge bases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Participate in oncall rotation with onshore team (10:00 AM EST to 10:00 PM EST)
Expertise and Skills You Bring:
The candidate should have a bachelor's degree or higher and possess 5-7 years of working experience; Investment/financial services and/or brokerage industry experience is desired.u00A0 u00A0
The following skills and knowledge are desired to be successful in this role:u00A0
IBM z/OS (Required)
DB2 / SQL (Required)
NSP Stored procedures
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.