About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who can help design, build, and modernize platforms within the Wealth Investment Management Technology Advice & Planning organization.
In this role, you will:
- Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and write technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develop highly complex original code.
- Design, develop and unit test application functionality.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Work closely with Product Owner and Architect in an Agile and collaborative environment
- Follow all the agile methodologies and scrum ceremonies.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 4+ years of web applications experience
- 4+ years of development experience with Java or C# or a combination of booth
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 2+ years experience designing and optimizing complex SQL queries involving table joins and correlated sub-queries on large scale data tables
- Web Services experience using RESTful or SOAP web services
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- 1+ year of experience with ExtJS, JQuery or related plugin technologies
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of test driven application development
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.